ALL PRINTING IS DONE BY APPOINTMENT DURING THE FOLLOWING HOURS:
Spring 2017 Hours:
Monday: 12 PM-8 PM
Tuesday: 12 -8 PM
Wednesday: 12 – 8 PM
Thursday: 12 – 8 PM
Friday: 10 AM – 3 PM
Sunday: 12 PM – 8 PM
YOU are responsible for showing up on time and prepared to print. As such, please keep the following things in mind when booking an appointment:
- To have a print made on the large format printer you MUST reserve a time through the Art Labs Calendar. Make sure you reserve time during open lab hours.
- Please plan ahead and print well in advance of any due dates, as hiccups with the printer, files, scheduling, or supplies can always occur. Large prints are also unwieldy and take a day or two to lay flat. Be sure to give yourself enough time to alter, trim, frame, etc!
- Since various size files will take differing times to print, please refer to the guide below to estimate the amount of time you need to book for your printing appointment.
- Appointments are booked in 30 minute slots, but printing sessions may take as little as 15 minutes, so it will benefit you to show up to your appointment slot early!
- Do not show up to your 30 minute appointment expecting the monitor to print your 4″x 15″ banner (which would actually take at least 5 hours) when there is another appointment directly after yours. The monitor will politely ask you to leave and reschedule for another time.
- If you wish to create a print larger than one outlined below, please contact Sophia Marin well in advance of your desired print date to arrange an appointment.
- Please keep in mind that if you wish to print anything longer than 25′ (300″) in length, you will be required to purchase your own roll of paper. We do not keep “back stock” of our paper supplies, and cannot guarantee that we will have enough material to create anything that large. Please contact Sophia Marin if you find yourself in this situation.
- Please ensure that your files are prepped and ready for printing, otherwise you will lose your appointment slot.
- Repeated failure to show for your scheduled appointment will result in the loss of your access to the printer.
- If there is no monitor in FAB335 when you show up for your appointment, please call 850-445-9820 to let the monitor know you are ready.
Suggested Appointment Times:
If you are unsure of where your file fits into these suggested guidelines, or you wish to print something not listed, please contact Sophia Marin prior to scheduling an appointment.