Lightbox (CAB 1421)Studio for photography and video projects, documentation, and motion capture. Appointment required.
The Lightbox is a fully equipped, professional photographic lighting studio located in the Carnaghi Arts Building (CAB) off the main campus. From hot and strobe lights to backdrops, stands, and more available for use in the space. Lightbox is the perfect space to document your artwork, create portraits or still lifes, run a fashion shoot, or even work on video capture with our awesome green screen!
Have you attended a demo? Great, feel free to book an appointment. No? See below.
Have any questions? Contact Jabari Townsend.
Spring 2024 Lightbox Appointment Hours:
** Please be aware that students who are unable to attend the appointment they scheduled must go back and cancel the appointment and or notify the Lightbox monitor in a prompt and timely manner, the day of the appointment is not prompt. More than two no-shows will result in a loss of privileges.**
Before you book an appointment:
- In order to work in the LightBox, you must have attended the basic studio demonstration. If you have not, your appointment will be canceled without notice.
- LightBox is located in room 1421 of the Carnaghi Arts Building (CAB).
- Appointments are made in two-hour blocks. If you require more time than this, make sure to extend your time while scheduling your appointment.
- After booking your appointment you should receive an automated email from the booking service with a summary of the details regarding your appointment. Please put a reminder in your calendar regarding your appointment as the booking service sometimes doesn’t send a reminder. Email Jabari if you are unsure your appointment has been made.
- If you arrive 15 minutes or more late to your appointment, it will be automatically canceled and counted as a no-show.
- Failure to show up for an appointment more than twice in a semester will result in loss of access to Lightbox for the semester.
- If you do not use Lightbox for more than two semesters, not including summer, you will be required to attend another basic demonstration.
Make appointments here: Book An Appointment
To schedule an appointment to work in Lightbox, you must have been granted access by attending a basic training demonstration. This session covers basic studio usage and etiquette.
Demos will be given throughout the semester based on the need for them. **Please email Jabari to inquire about taking a Demo.** Only 10 people will be allowed in each demo session.
Please talk to Jabari to arrange and schedule class demos.
All equipment in Lightbox stays in Lightbox. There is no discussion on this. Materials needed for travel are in the Equipment Checkout. There will be consequences for those who take Lightbox equipment out of the studio.
The last appointment of the day (5pm) can often stay late, which is great for slightly longer projects. Please speak to Jabari in advance about this if you anticipate a project lasting into the evening.
The use of the motion capture requires approval and training by Keith Roberson. If you require training, please email Keith Roberson.
Click this link to access some resources/helpful guides created by the Photo Area. These resources will continuously be updated.