Digital Photography (FAB320B)
FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED DIGITAL PHOTO STUDENTS ONLY:
The digital photography Lab can be found in FAB320B. This room houses 16 iMac workstations, 4 scanners, and 6 printers, reserved for the use of currently enrolled photography students, MFA students, and BFA students with special permission. Access during open lab hours is strictly controlled.
The iMac workstations are equipped with the Adobe Creative Cloud, including Lightroom, Bridge, Photoshop, and Camera Raw. Each of the work stations are connected to an Epson Perfection flat bed scanner (either a V750 or a V600) capable of scanning both reflective documents and negatives, up to 8″x10″. Additionally, each computer is connected to one of 8 Epson Stylus R2880 inkjet printers. These printers are capable of printing on up to 13″ x 19″ sheets, or 13″ wide roll papers. Students must supply their own papers (please see the lists below of approved paper types). A variety of paper profiles have already been installed on the workstations for students.
Advanced photography and graduate students also have access to an Imacon Flextight X1 large format drum scanner. The Flextight allows for up to 6300dpi resolution film scans for all film formats. You must have gone through training and have permission to use the Flextight scanner.
For students who are not currently enrolled in photography courses, but wish to make high quality prints, the photography area offers a Large Format Printing Service for their use.
Due to COVID-19, The digital photography lab (320B) will be implementing special rules.
– 320B will only be available to those enrolled in a photography course and MFAs.
– You must schedule an appointment to use 320B. Appointments must be scheduled 24 hours ahead of the time you are trying to work.
– 6 printers will be available for use. 4 Glossy/Luster Printers and 2 Matte Printers.
– Only 6 students will be allowed in a time. You are not to be accompanied by guests.
– Masks are recommended.
– Must adhere to social distancing rules. You will receive one warning if not maintaining social distance rules. You will be asked to leave the lab if there are continuous social distance violations.
– Students must sanitize after themselves – before they enter and after the digital photography room. Computer Station(s) must be kept clean and orderly to ensure safety. Doorknobs, tables, handles, equipment must be wiped down before and after use. Lab Monitor will wipe down Computer station (mouse and keyboard).
320B Summer 2022 Lab Schedule: Closed for the Summer
*Must set an appointment*
Use this map [FAB 320B Map] of 320B to help you decide which computer station you would like to use
Available appointment times
Questions? Please contact Jabari
Approved paper types (student-supplied):
Questions? Please contact Jabari Townsend